giovedì 30 settembre 2010

Springbreak.

After two intense months, I got my first Oz holiday. And I'd really need to get some rest after that.

Worked from 6pm saturday to 6am sunday, went straight to the airport and waited 3 hours because of a "nation-wide IT system issue", before arriving in Byron Bay. But it was worth to wait, for my very first swim in the ocean: the water is freezing when you first touch it, but after you dive in you don't feel cold anymore, neither if it's windy and not-that-sunny outside. And the sand is squeaky, never heard that sound before.
On sunday night we went to the beach around midnight, it was full moon and it was so bright that we could see our shadows on the sand, on which I fell asleep.
On monday we've been to the beach, hanged around the pool at the hostel and me and Julie had a massive walk to the lighthouse, walking through Cape Byron, the most eastern point in Australia, from which they say that if you stand on your tip-toes your can see New Zealand. After dinner we met super-cool-great-singers-and-guitar-players mum&daughter, then me and Antoine checked BB nightlife: one horrible backpackers style club, but actually only place to go.
On tuesday me&the girlz (Julie and Valentine) did the day trip to Nimbin, with a fucking annoying driver who told us a lot of nasty and not-funny jokes and stories, assuming that those who weren't laughing were just too stoned to catch them. I was definitely stoned, but the jokes weren't fun at all. I think I got my first introspective stoned trip, when we were heading back to Byron and it started to hail strongly. Later at night a guy from Turin remembered me why I avoid italian guys, and made me really proud of recognizing them from far away, with no need to talk to them.
On wednesday we stayed at the beach 'til the time to leave for the airport again, and it started raining as soon as the van left the stop. When we landed in Sydney it was really cold, like we brought the rain with us.

Now I'm back on my work and study, but if felt so good.

Nessun commento:

Cherry-Tree Chronicles